On the first Thursday of every month (12 months a year), the Ottawa StoryTellers host a story swap / open stage. Admission is free, and everyone is invited to come and tell a story and / or listen to the stories. Light refreshments are served during the break.
|Date:||First Thursday of each month|
|Time:||19:00 to 21:30|
Library and Archives of Canada Map
Changing SWAP locations starting in July 2013
FOR OUR JULY SWAP:
In order to reach the Saint Paul University at 223 Main Street, follow these directions:
- Take Hwy 417 downtown.
- Exit at Nicholas/Mann/Lees. Stay in the right lane when exiting and keep right at the fork.
- Turn right onto Lees Ave.
- Turn left onto Main St.
- 233 Main Street is on the left.
For our August swap: To be determined. Updates forthcoming.
FOR OUR SEPTEMBER SWAP AND ALL FUTURE SWAPS:
In order to reach the PSAC building, follow these directions:
- Take Hwy 417 downtown
- Exit Metcalfe St. and turn north toward the Museum of Nature (if coming from the east, it’s a right turn; if coming from the west, it’s a left turn)
- travel north on Metcalfe then drive around the museum (right on Argyle, left on Metcalfe, left on McLeod St., right onto Metcalfe St.)
- Turn right onto Gilmour St. when you see the oval shaped building
- 233 Gilmour St. is on the left. You can’t miss this building! It has a distinctive shape.
(Note: Gilmour is a one-way street going eastbound so when going to the Swap, you cannot turn left from Elgin St. onto Gilmour St. After the Swap, feel free to turn left out of the parking lot onto Gilmour St. and then right onto Elgin St.)